Last weekend, we officially opened the doors of our newest store, right here in our home town of Vancouver – over 2,100 square feet housing our latest collection in the beautiful Kitsilano neighbourhood.
In the lead-up to the grand opening, we wanted to do something special, and so we put together the Hometown Scavenger Hunt. Every morning for ten consecutive days, Arc’teryx team members and athletes hid chalk bags at their favourite outdoor spots in the Vancouver / Squamish / Whistler area, and we posted clues on our Facebook page. If you found that day’s chalk bag, you got to keep it … and the Arc’teryx gift card inside.
We had a great time with the scavenger hunt, and it sounds like a lot of you did too – including a mad bike vs feet dash to one of the locations. Now that it has wrapped up, we thought we’d put up a list of all ten locations, and share some photos of this amazing place that we’re extremely lucky to call home. Thanks again!
- Day 1: Cleveland Dam on the Capilano Pacific Trail
- Day 2: Pacific Spirit Regional Park in the University Endowment Lands
- Day 3: Stawamus Chief Trail in Squamish
- Day 4: Lost Lake in Whistler
- Day 5: Buntzen Lake Trail in Port Moody
- Day 6: Quarry Rock in Deep Cove
- Day 7: Burnaby Mountain
- Day 8: Beaver Lake in Stanley Park
- Day 9: Kits Point in Vancouver
- Day 10: Baden Powell Trail in North Vancouver