Born and raised in the Alps, near Portes du Soleil, my parents were outdoor freaks so I had no choice but to be on skis at the age of 3. For a long time, skiing wasn't a career option, it was just a fun activity that I wanted to do as much as I could. My buddies and I were mostly doing freestyle, playing around at our home ski resorts. I really stepped it up when I discovered and learned about the big mountain, after I finished my studies and moved away from home. I was 21. At that time I had no idea how to use a beacon; it seems so crazy thinking back about it. I started shooting with my new mates and had my first publication. Steadily things came together and after another couple of years dedicated to a ski-bum life and some hard work in between, I finally caught the opportunity of making a living out of skiing. For me, competitions haven't much to do with freeskiing, so I focus on shooting pictures to get published, writing travel reports for different magazines and occasionally filming for diverse productions. Skiing has shaped my life and today I'm simply super stoked every time I'm go out there. I feel really lucky to experience nature and life. For 2012/13, I'll be hitting the powder road, sharing my experiences on my blog, happy to be hooked up with Arc'teryx to keep me dry and warm all the way long.
- Born in France 15/12/1979.
- Current Residence:
- Patrick divides his time between Thonon, France and Engelberg, Switzerland.
- Recent Media Coverage:
- Freeskier magazine (USA) double page in 2012 Buyer Guide
- FriFlyt (Norway) publication in 2012 September issue
- Skipass.com (France) series of 3 reports in 2012
- Career accomplishments:
- Being able to ski, to follow winter around the globe and met interesting people is a privilege and the greatest accomplishment I can list.