I have been climbing for as long as can remember. Being brought up in a keen climbing family my brother and I had little choice in the matter! Weekends, holiday and summer evenings would be spent walking, scrambling, trad climbing and sport climbing.
I grew up in the Peak District and the gritstone was my playground, this is still where I feel most at home. From scary headpointing to highballing the Peak is where I really began to push my climbing.
I dabbled in competition climbing for many years but could never commit fully as I loved being outside to much. I have spent the last year trying to focus on sport climbing and really pushing myself to be as fit and strong as I can, this is still something I still want to pursue for while.
My favourite experiences have always been the easier trad climbing adventures on the big sea cliffs and mountains with close friends. This is a really special part of my climbing and something I will enjoy for many many years to come.
Some of my most memorable a proudest climbing moments:
- Gaia, E8 6c (5.13c?) at Black Rock, Peak District.
- Knockin’ On Heavens Door, E8 6c (5.13d), Curbar, Peak District
- Climbing my first 8b+ (5.14a) China Crisis, Oliana (Spain).
- Making the 6th ever ground up ascent of Toy Boy E7 7a (Font 7c+), Froggatt, Peak
- British Bouldering Champion