Colour Department Assistant
Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Arc’teryx is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation, the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Precor.
As the Colour Department Assistant, you will provide overall operational support to the Colour Administrative Team in an efficient and helpful manner. With your high attention to detail and strong organizational skills, you will provide exceptional support in order to meet seasonal deadlines, including the maintenance of colour resources, systems, and tools.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Maintaining filing systems and operational tools used within the Colour Department
- Under the guidance and mentorship of the Color Department Administrators, collaborate and provide optimum work flow in order to meet all seasonal goals and deadlines
- Gain a greater understanding of data based systems and related tools used within the department
- Assist the Colour Administrative Team in achieving on time delivery of all coloured fabrics and trims for Sales Samples
- Assist with maintaining and tracking colour standards inventory
- Support the Colour Administrative Team in preparing seasonal swatches for internal and external partners
- Prepare Mill Closure Chart and communicate to internal parties
- Gain full understanding of lab dipping process
- Maintain colour tools, including standard references and coloured fabric library
- Prepare and coordinate courier shipments
- Assist with the scanning and filing of Colourboards
- Assist Colour Quality Control Specialist with preparation of Sales Sample yardage for Spectrophotometer measurement, Quality Control cards and Fabric Library
- Prepare and send out office supply orders
- Gain a full understanding of the seasonal workflow procedures and processes
- Perform duties in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner
Additional experience, education and/or skills required:
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Accurate data entry skills
- Ability to take direction
- Effective organizational and time management ability, including adhering to deadlines
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks according to set procedures
- Effective communication skills, including strong written and spoken English
- Intermediate level Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook experience
- Colour acuity
- Proactive and comfortable coordinating with internal departments
- Email management skills
- An appreciation for colour
- Knowledge of Arc’teryx product and other outdoor related products
- Cantonese or Mandarin language skills
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to: email@example.com. It is important to quote "1606-CDA-web" in the subject line.
Arc’teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc’teryx.