Associate B2C Merchant
Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Arc’teryx is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation, the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Precor.
As a member of the B2C retail buying team, the Associate B2C Merchant assists with the development and execution of B2C assortment plans and buying strategies that support consumer centric brand storytelling and maximize sales, margin, and inventory turnover. In this role, you will take ownership for a portion of the Global B2C Merchant’s overall buying and inventory management responsibilities as well as provide operational support as directed.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Assist in development of seasonal assortment strategies, forecasts and buys for product categories/regions as directed
- Manage all phases of product movement for categories from planning, buying (including order input), replenishment and end of season transfers
- Maintain and monitor orders in system, including reorders and cancellations
- Work with the Product Line Managers and the Marketing department to tailor store assortments to the needs of regional consumers while meeting brand platform goals
- Support Marketing and Merchandising departments with seasonal requirements to drive product assortments and create visual appeal in-store
- Manage relationships with specified outside vendors and choose complimentary products to the seasonal Arc’teryx assortments as required
- Responds to store feedback, visits stores to gain insights, shops the competition
- Actively participate in pre line meetings with Product Development team
- Manage and control inventory levels to optimize sales, gross margin, and sell through of product as well as facilitate movement of aged goods and hot sellers across locations
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities by category and product type
- React quickly to developing trends at retail by shifting store allocations and securing additional stock
- Using current seasonal sales data, plan and forecast in-season sales and inventories on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Create sales reports and historical re-caps to analyze and communicate business performance
Additional experience, education and/or skills required:
- University degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a related industry as a Buyer or Merchandising Analyst
- Familiarity with the Arc’teryx brand and products
- Ability to work in a global matrix organization
- Strong understanding of outdoor retail marketplace
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience using Qlikview
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to: email@example.com. It is important to quote "1606-ABM-web" in the subject line.
Arc’teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc’teryx.