Product Guide - Portland - Part Time
Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Arc’teryx is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation, the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Precor.
The Product Guide provides the highest level of customer service and store standards. In this role, the Product Guide takes an active role in educating customers and recommending product based on their needs which includes, listening to customers, then advising the correct product to suit their needs and passions. Our goal is to deliver an unforgettable brand experience by hiring people who have a passion for our brands and core sports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily:
- Provide accurate information and education to customers
- Instill in team members the importance of customer service
- Use best judgment in all customer service matters to quickly resolve and address any customer complaints
- Provide a superior level of prompt, efficient, and courteous customer service
- Demonstrate the ability to learn detailed information about multiple brands and apply the knowledge to assist customers based on their needs
- Accurately process payments by totaling purchases; processing cash, credit cards, and correctly operate the cash register system
- Maintain store and product layout, provide suggestions for merchandising
- Perform all regular cleaning activities and other tasks that are included on job assignments
- Contribute to team efforts and attend all mandatory training meetings and PK sessions
- Sell using the Amer Sports Retail selling system
Leadership and Development
- Maintain an open and positive relationship with Store Management team
- Be a collaborative, dependable, and respectful; communicate positively regarding store management and company strategies
- Ensure company/store policies and procedures are communicated in a timely manner and adhered to accordingly
- Participate in store events
- Maintain store security including building security and cash handling
- Communicate with customers on warranties, damaged and defective goods in a timely and accurate manner
- Protect company assets by following and loss prevention procedures
- Perform physical inventory and follow all inventory procedures
- Maintain store stock levels on the floor and in the stockroom
Marketing Events (Brand Stores Only)
- Work in conjunction with Community Marketing Leader to execute store events which support the company mission and increase community involvement
- Participate in planning and attending events both in the store and offsite
- Ensure that the store is utilizing local social media in alignment with company expectations
- Ensure that the store is in compliance with all Provincial and Federal laws, including wage and hour, human rights and equal employment opportunities
- Maintain safe working conditions for employees and customers
- Resolve safety concerns quickly
- Ensure store security from internal and external theft and know proper apprehension and prosecution procedures for your area and per the company guidelines.
Other Job Functions
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Assistant and Store Manager
Needed Skills (Language, IT, Technical , Functional, ETC.):
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Deep knowledge (or desire to learn) of our brands and passion for the industry
- Understanding (or desire to learn) of our core sports and products that we make
- Benchmark customer service skills
- 1-3 years retail sales experience
- Ability to give clear directions and set expectations for staff
- Excellent organizational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to train and delegate effectively
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to effectively work with and motivate team
- Cash handling experience
- Amer Sports product use/knowledge
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through teamwork, cooperation, and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Please send your resume to: Rob.Lyman@arcteryx.com with "PRODUCT GUIDE" in the subject line.
Arc’teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer without sponsorship or transfer of visa.
DUE TO HIGH VOLUME OF RESUMES, ONLY THE MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED