Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual who will Lead Demand Review for the responsible portfolios or regions, develop the Demand Plan (Build Plan) and the inventory strategy based on the Sales Forecast, Supply Chain capabilities and constraints to support overall business plan, improving product availability (OTIF/On Time in Full) while minimizing excess inventories.
Ideally you will have:
- University degree in Math, Economic, Statistics, Business or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of Demand Planning, Sales Forecasting or Financial modeling experience
- Outstanding analytical abilities, combined with business acumen; ability to master the numbers as well as relating it to the rest of organization
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically, a persistent attention to detail, ability to work with a high degree of ambiguity and a high level of comfort in working with large quantities of data
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence different level of stakeholders
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbally and in writing
- Advance skills in Excel is required
- Experience working in an S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) environment, preferably from Demand Planning capacity
- Experience in SAP and Demand Planning solutions
- Outdoor Apparel industry experience
As part of the Supply Chain Team, the Demand Planner is responsible for performing a diverse range of functions including but not limited to:
- Analyze the historical data, trending information and other available data on product, countries, regions and channels to develop and maintain accurate demand plan at SKU level by season, period and beyond. Own the Demand Planning Accuracy and its continuous improvement for the responsible portfolio
- Work closely with Commercial and Business 2 Consumer (B2C) team in creating Demand Plan
- Integrate feedback from the market, regional and channels in a timely manner to accurately capture all necessary business trends in the Demand Plan
- Collaborate with Sales Forecasting Team on Sales Forecast Review and Demand Plan finalization, drive forecasting accuracy improvement through close collaboration with Sales Forecasting team, Commercial leadership and B2C team
- Collaborate with Sales Forecasting Team and Product Line Management (PLM) team on future product launch preliminary forecast
- Provide regional SKU level forecast to PLM and commercial team
- Work closely with Commercial team on Key Account business planning for the responsible portfolio/region to generate specific demand plans to support Key Account business growth while controlling inventory risks
- Lead S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) Demand Review process for the responsible portfolio
- Work closely with Commercial team in the process of Sales Forecasting and Demand Planning including Inventory and Product Offering Strategy discussions
- Determine and own the inventory decisions on the demand plan, as well as the specific inventory strategy on specific business initiative; analyze and present the impact of varying demand and supply scenarios on company’s financial goals and provide recommendations
- Provide Inventory Projection for the responsible portfolio while working closely with Commercial team and B2C team
- Work closely with Commercial and B2C teams on developing excess inventory exit strategy and actions
- Collaborate closely with Supply Planners to confirm supply availability to meet demand projections, adjusting Demand Plan as needed in consideration of Supply Chain constraints while minimizing or eliminating negative business impacts
- Work closely with other Supply Chain teams on Supply Chain strategies as well as the monitoring/tracking of various demand planning factors that impacts product availability, I.E. Out of stock root cause analysis, with the objectiveto improve service to the customers
- Support Demand Planning Manager in Leading the S&OP overall review process when needed
- Participate in Demand Planning process improvement to drive success on In stock, OTIF, and excess inventory reduction
- Decision support reporting on Demand Planning Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and beyond
- Participate in Supply Chain improvement projects and initiatives
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by management
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1507-DP-ext" in the subject line of your email. Deadline to apply: July 31, 2015
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.