Development Team Assistant
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual to support the Development Team in their efforts to develop a consistent level of quality, promoting the brand as one that exceeds customer expectations.
Ideally you will have:
- Post-secondary education in Apparel or Textile Design, Technology, or Merchandising, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Core competency in Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of other cultures
- Recent graduate with 1-2 years experience in the field
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Assist Development team with aspects of product development such as compiling spec packages, coordinating raw materials requirements for counter sampling, and product testing and washing
- Prepare seasonal trim colour cards
- Responsible for Prototype bundles, sample sewer workflow
- Sample status reporting
- Ownership of sample inventory, seasonal rotation and purge
- Support DTM with VCB set up and updates
- Prepare packages and commercial invoices for packages to be sent to factories
- Assist with measuring in process samples against finished product specifications
- Organize and update development fabric by season
- Provide general assistance to the development team as required
- Seasonal projects as needed
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1510-DTA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.