Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
The Design Developer supports Design Manager with design development, and works closely with Pattern Makers and Product Developers to manage progress from conception through to final sample.
Ideally you will have:
- 5+ years working in a technical design environment (ideally apparel); diploma or degree in Fashion
- Design or equivalent experience
- Pattern making experience
- Technical sewing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to pick up new computer applications quickly
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Assist Designers in developing unique solutions to meet Arc’teryx customer needs
- Work with Designers, Pattern Makers and Product Developers to create, document and communicate new construction processes, techniques and manufacturing solutions that meet Arc’teryx product ideals
- Build partial or complete prototypes to allow solutions to be tested ,reviewed, or counter sampled
- Work with Pattern Makers and Product Developers to see projects through to completion
- Assist Designer to develop standards and ensure consistency across all styles within the line plan, including working with Pattern Making, Product Development and Quality Assurance departments to prove and implement standards
- Test various materials to assess suitability for various construction techniques and end uses
- Assist the sample floor and respond to problems as they arise
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1602-DD-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.