Senior Apparel Designer - Ascent
Arc’teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Arc’teryx is a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation, the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Precor
Develops advanced comprehensive design and product solutions that are in line with Arc’teryx design philosophies and customer needs, while mentoring others to build additional capability within the team and bringing products to market.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Create innovative performance or technology platforms that underpin product categories
- Drive the commercialization of innovative technologies including materials, pattern/part shaping and construction techniques for existing and/or future product categories
- Execute assigned projects within seasonal time lines
- Mentor Designers and Developers by sharing skills, knowledge and experience to build additional capability within the organization and encourage advanced design development and problem solving
- Create patterns, mock ups, and prototypes to explore, resolve, or prove new concepts or construction techniques
- Provide detailed product initiations to Product Development, including spec drawings, pattern and fit direction, and fabric information
- Work with Technical Services to resolve fit style and construction issues and ensure a fully commercialized product
- Maintain up to date product illustrations throughout the development process
- Coordinate with the Materials team to test new materials and ensure that necessary items are available for prototyping
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the materials and manufacturing techniques that Arc’teryx works with
- Work closely with other Designers to bring new and better toolbox solutions that benefit the brand (such as new technologies, construction techniques, features, etc.)
- Present work at internal reviews and annual sales meetings
- Stay up to date with industry trends, work with Arc’teryx athletes and other industry representatives to help ensure we’re meeting our customers evolving needs
- Assist with current product design changes where necessary in order to address in-line production issues
- Collaborate with Product Line Manager and Design Manager on seasonal line plans and project resource planning
- Assist Design Managers in developing a schedule for the flow of the line plan through all development stages, including charting line plan progress
- Work with the Colour team, providing recommendations and feedback
Additional experience, education and/or skills required:
- Degree in Design (Apparel or Industrial), or Textile Engineering
- 8+ years hands-on experience designing relevant textile-based products
- Hands-on experience coming up with tools and methods to assist in solving construction issues
- Technical and creative skills to pattern and prototype
- Entrepreneurial and innovative
- Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Attendance at tradeshows and company events as required
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1605-SADA-web" in the subject line.
Arc’teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc’teryx.