Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an outdoor enthusiast with strong hands-on design skills to join our Arc'teryx Essentials and Traverse design team. In this role, you will develop comprehensive design and product solutions that are in line with Arc'teryx design philosophies and customer needs, and work with the other branches of Research and Development to bring these products to market. North Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Ideally you will have:
- Degree in Design (Apparel or Industrial), or Textile Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on experience designing products, preferably textile based
- Hands-on experience coming up with tools and methods to assist in solving construction issues
- Technical and creative skills to pattern and prototype
- Entrepreneurial and innovative mindset
- Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Attendance at tradeshows and company events as required
- Interest or involvement in activities that Arc'teryx makes products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Execute assigned projects within seasonal time lines
- Create patterns, mock ups, and prototypes to explore, resolve, or prove new concepts or construction techniques
- Provide detailed product initiations to Product Development, including spec drawings, pattern and fit direction, and fabric information
- Work with Technical Services to resolve fit style and construction issues and ensure a fully commercialised product
- Maintain up to date product illustrations throughout the development process
- Coordinate with the Materials team to test new materials and ensure that necessary items are available for prototyping
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the materials and manufacturing techniques that Arc'teryx works with
- Work closely with other Designers to bring new and better toolbox solutions that benefit the brand (such as new technologies, construction techniques, features, etc.)
- Present work at internal reviews and annual sales meetings
- Stay up to date with industry trends, work with Arc'teryx athletes and other industry representatives to help ensure we're meeting our customers evolving needs
- Assist with current product design changes where necessary in order to address in-line production issues
- Assist Design Managers in developing a schedule for the flow of the line plan through all development stages, including charting line plan progress
- Work with the Colour team, providing recommendations and feedback
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1304-APD-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.