Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
We are seeking a professional individual familiar with MRP/WMS systems and global outbound operations who is detail-oriented and experienced with KPI's. As Outbound Assistant, you are responsible for international outbound movement of finished goods and raw materials shipping from the Vancouver warehouse ensuring that the corresponding shipment information flows correctly throughout the supply chain.
Ideally you will have:
- 1+ year working in a logistics/distribution environment
- Experience using MRP/WMS systems in medium to fast-paced, high volume environment
- Knowledge of working in 5S lean operation, KPI metrics and other performance measurements, data analysis, and statistical reporting
- Proficiency in MS outlook, word, excel (chart, graphics reporting)
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinate the outbound shipping of finished goods internationally, work with transportation service providers to arrange shipments to our customers and Sales Offices and track shipments until delivery by required dates
- Ensure customer's shipping rules, procedures and guidelines are followed, including but not limited to using designated carriers, meeting transit times and ship windows
- Ensure timely resolution of freight requests/troubleshooting including but not limited to shipment quotes, routing and services availability, and rush shipments
- Communicate with various departments on shipments and warranties
- Perform administrative tasks, including but not limited to updating outbound shipments for finished goods, invoicing, creating export documentation, and document retention
- Process freight invoices ensuring that invoices are coded correctly and in a timely manner
- Develop and improve a systematic method to track air, ocean, land and parcel service shipments until delivery
- File claims with carrier for service failures and losses, assist in creating resolutions for service failures and obtain monthly metrics on carrier service
- Maintain shipment tracking reports and prepare monthly outbound freight cost spending report including basic freight, other detail charges and fuel surcharges
- Develop a freight cost data base for annual freight budgeting purpose and possibly quarterly forecasting
- Develop freight charges database, transportation schemes, export documentations, shipping procedures and routings
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1403-OA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.