Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an organized and detail orientated individual to join our Product Commercialization team as a Product Developer. In this role you will manage a product from concept through to production readiness.
Ideally you will have:
- Knowledge of apparel construction, material construction and properties, pattern making, costing, bill of materials, embroidery and surface applications (e.g. screen printing, etc)
- 5+ years experience in development, production or merchandising; proven skills at problem solving, interpreting design intent, and product innovation
- Proven performance history with domestic and offshore vendors and manufacturers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Extensive knowledge of raw materials, technical construction, and sourcing
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel or Textile Design, Technology, Merchandising, or Engineering
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Abode Illustrator
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Capture and detail all product materials/construction information, and maintain an accurate database of BOM information that will result in efficient raw material purchasing and accurately produced finished product
- Coordinate all factory communication throughout development process to ensure accurate material sourcing, costing, and successful execution of product
- Direct development process to achieve commercial viability of designs through collaboration with Design, Materials Development, Purchasing, Production and Quality departments
- Manage the calendar and process including costing, quality evaluation, fabric, trim and color standards, and approval requirements with the factory
- Manage proto, sample, counter-sample, and production approvals to ensure Arc’teryx quality standards as well as on time deliveries
- Prepare accurate initial cost estimates for all prototypes and manage costing process to ensure consistent, accurate cost sheets are received from all vendors and approvals are clearly communicated internally and externally
- Coordinate with Planning, Purchasing, and Design departments on all sampling requirements
- Work in collaboration with design and pattern making to ensure products meet established fit and measurement standards
- Support the sourcing and training of new factory resources and ensure that Arc’teryx brand standards are met
- Work in conjunction with the Design team and Marketing Team to ensure all external product communication accurately reflects product model and specification
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1405-PD-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.