Technical Services Assistant
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented, and hands-on team player to support our Technical Services department in their efforts to develop a consistent level of quality, promoting our brand as one that exceeds customer expectations. This is a great entry-level position for a person interested in a career in Product Development. North Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Ideally you will have:
- 2+ years relevant industry experience, knowledge of garment construction
- Post-secondary education in Apparel or Textile Design, Technology, or Merchandising, or equivalent experience
- Core competency in Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Adobe suite
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work independently
- Understanding of other cultures
- Technical writing experience, strong textile knowledge
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and maintain seasonal Care and Content and Regional Label information
- Coordinate compliance with label requirements, standards, and templates
- Produce and maintain technical Quality and Standards documents and illustrations
- Summarize and document processes
- Review Inspection Reports and provide monthly summaries of findings
- Develop and maintain department resource library: trims, fabric swatches, construction mock ups, embroidery files and dies
- Prepare and maintain seasonal Fabric Colour Standards
- Coordinate raw material requirements for seasonal colour cards
- Coordinate department shipping
- Coordinate department raw material and seasonal pre-production stock transfers
- Inspect production quality fabric swatches and communicate with internal departments to review factory concerns
- Conduct finished product testing, washing & weighing
- Measure in-process samples against finished product specifications
- Maintain sample garment inventory in Sample Room warehouse
- Assist with general filing as required
- Communicate with agents and suppliers from around the world with a sense of timing and a basic understanding of other cultures
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1311-TSA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.