Colour Department Administrator
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual to assist the colour team in processing lab dip requests, creating coloured raw material SKU’s, maintaining colour resources, tracking tools and efficiently providing information to the team.
Ideally you will have:
- Colour acuity
- Strong attention to detail
- Accurate data entry skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- An appreciation for colour and changing trends
- Ability to adhere to critical path and established deadlines
- Intermediate level Excel, Word and Outlook experience
- Effective communication skills, including strong written and spoken English
- Proactive and comfortable communicating and coordinating with internal departments and external vendors
- Knowledge of Arc’teryx products and other outdoor related products; and an appreciation for colour
- Cantonese or Mandarin language skills
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the ordering, naming and filing of colour standard references
- Establish and maintain good Vendor relations thru communicating our seasonal expectations and vendor manuals
- Create and maintain TAS “virtual models’ (shared raw materials) internally and externally
- Own , create and maintain seasonal binders and process lab dip requests
- Track lab dip requests through TAS/tracking sheets to guide follow up with mills
- Measure dips received with spectrophotometer and record data for Designers
- Communicate rejection comments, cancellations and approvals to all Vendors
- Provide visibility on seasonal progress through departmental tracking tools
- Develop and maintain Fabric and Trim libraries for Colour Designer team
- Create raw materials colour skus for all new finished goods colors and enter colorway BOM’s
- Colour QC all SMS yardage by spectrophotometer measurement and visually in light booth
- Provide Marketing with new seasonal swatches
- Proof workbook drawings and gel logos as required
- Assist in all ways possible to achieve on time delivery of all coloured fabrics and trims for SMS
- Maintain department resources, ie. spectrophotometer database, training manual, filing systems
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1509-CDA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.