Assistant Manager - Washington Retail
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
We are a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation, the world’s largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Precor.
Our new store is slated to open November 2014 in CityCentreDC, and we need an Assistant Store Manager to assist with the opening and management this location. We are looking for dynamic individuals who are talented, fun, and active people with an entrepreneurial spirit who are passionate about creating and enhancing the Arc’teryx brand experience.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Maintain superior level of customer service
- Ability to open and/or close store
- Assist Store Manager with recruitment, training and hiring of associates
- Participate in merchandise presentations
- Monitor inventory and assist with buying process
- Point of contact when Store Manager is not on-site
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
Ideally you will have:
- Must have knowledge of retail selling environment or sporting goods industry
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to understand profit and loss statements and effectively manage cost controls
- Ability to work weekends and nights
- Sense of humor
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1408-WAMR-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.