Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for a self starting and organized individual to join our Distribution and Transportation department as a Compliance Assistant. In this role, you will assist the compliance team in the day to day operations and work on projects as assigned.
Ideally you will have:
- 1-3 years experience with international freight and customs
- CCS designation preferred, undergraduate degree or equivalent post secondary education, equivalent industry training/certification, and/or related business experience
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment, preferably apparel/textiles
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and write technical documents in English
- Ability to travel freely to the US
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for maintaining day to day customs operations and functions
- Coordinate shipments, deliveries, and any related follow-up internally and externally
- Investigate and solve various customs related issues and problems
- Ensure import/export documentation is correct, audit as necessary
- Assist in establishing and implementing company-wide processes to ensure ongoing compliance
- Assist in the tariff rating process for all Arc'teryx finished goods and raw materials globally
- Ensure customs data for each style is accurate and complete
- Ensure ongoing compliance and adequate documentation to support NAFTA exports
- Undergo routine audits of customs data relating to global FTA's, broker management
- Responsible for vendor invoice approval and routine audit
- Assist in the preparation of Canadian and US duty drawback
- Maintain company filing process for soft and hard copies of import/export documentation
- Work with internal and external teams globally on customs related issues and projects
- Customs projects as assigned
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1401-CA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.