Customs and Logistics Coordinator
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for a self-starting and organized individual to join our Distribution and Transportation Team as a Customs and Logistics Coordinator. In this role, you will assist the customs compliance team in day-to-day operations, as well as support the Distribution and Transportation department in Logistics projects and Decision Support analytics.
Ideally you will have:
- 2-3 years experience in customs, CCS designation preferred
- 2-3 years experience in Customs, Logistics or overall Distribution, transportation and international freight
- University degree. Professional designation/certification an asset
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment, preferably apparel/textiles
- Strong organizational and communication skills; excellent attention to detail
- Effective problem solving skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent language skills, ability to read and write technical documents in English
- Team work oriented ability to collaborate with cross functional stakeholders
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to travel freely to the US
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Assist in day to day customs operations and functions
- Ensure import/export documentation is correct, audit as necessary
- Assist in establishing and implementing company-wide processes to ensure ongoing compliance
- Assist in the tariff rating process for all Arc’teryx finished goods and raw materials globally
- Ensure customs data for each style is accurate and complete
- Undergo routine audits of customs data relating to global FTA’s, broker management
- Responsible for vendor invoice approval and routine audit
- Maintain company filing process for soft and hard copies of import/export documentation
- Work with internal and external teams globally
- Support existing KPIs reporting and automate where possible to reduce repetitive manual work
- Develop new & meaningful KPI that can drive performance improvement
- Support Customs, Logistics, and Supply Chain Projects, process and improvement, and other tasks as assigned by management
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1409-CLC-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.