Manager - Hardgoods Design
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for a designer with creative management experience to join our team as Manager, Hardgoods Design. In this role, you will lead the Hardgoods design team to strengthen the Arc'teryx brand identity by providing fresh and innovative design solutions across a variety of outdoor and military products, while maintaining consistent application of Arc'teryx design values. North Vancouver, BC.
Ideally you will have:
- Degree in Industrial Design
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
- Creative supervisory/ management experience
- 8+ years hands-on experience designing packs and equipment in the outdoor and/or military industry
- Working experience with textiles, foams, lamination, metals and plastics, including experience developing tools and methods to solve construction issues
- A keen interest in technical equipment and its application to a variety of outdoor activities
- Ability to travel 4-6 times a year as required
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Work with Product Line Managers and senior management to establish seasonal line lists and long term projects that meet the needs of our customers and fulfill our company goals
- Manage the design process for seasonal and long term design projects from concept through commercialization
- Provide guidance to design team to ensure comprehensive design and product solutions that are in-line with Arc'teryx design values, customer needs and company goals
- Lead Designers to bring new and better toolbox solutions that benefit the brand (e.g. technologies, construction methods, component development)
- Consult with the Materials to drive the development of new fabrics and/or sourcing of existing textiles and trims
- Continuously work on improved technology, construction solutions and assist with in-line production issues as they arise
- Collaborate with Development, factories and vendor partners to ensure production ready samples are realized on-time
- Present new product lines at internal reviews and sales meetings
- Assist product line managers to ensure key product developments are being communicated with marketing and sales
- Work with senior management to build and develop Hardgoods staff
- Travel as required to support product development, vendor relationships and industry trade shows
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1308-MHD-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.