Product Manager (Branded Accessories)
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are seeking a detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Product Manager for our branded accessories. In this role, you will manage the development of accessories, graphic t-shirts and other products requiring visual art application from design concept through production readiness while ensuring a consistent level of quality, fit, and performance.
Ideally you will have:
- 5+ years in Product Development, Merchandising, and/or retail buying experience, preferably within the outdoor industry
- Excellent understanding of the design and development process
- In depth experience in branded accessories, graphic tees, or circular/flat knit fashion accessories preferred
- Effective and efficient time management skills; strong analytical skills; excellent communication skills, proven problem solving skills
Extreme attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage informational flow for the Visual Design team between PLM, Design, Colour, Operations and Brand Builders (BB) apparel category team so that all parties are aware of relevant issues, concerns and developments
- Act as primary brand contact for BB apparel category team, supporting the financial expectations and goals to optimize resources and scale opportunities of the category.
- Own the relevant parts of the product stage gates within the I2P (Idea to Product) process for products developed through the Visual Design team for all product lines
- Assist the PLM team in developing and maintaining the Accessory line list - visual line plans, line list with forecasts, previous sales history, current pricing, key market margins, etc.
- Assist the PLM team in their research and analysis of accessory market trends, current product sales and competitors globally and regionally, capitalizing on information available from BB apparel category team
- Create design briefs - consumer needs, target retails, features as example of consumers needs/benefits, fit, preliminary forecast – for distribution to our vendors directly and/or through BB apparel category development team
- Manage internal communication through TAS (The Arc'teryx System) with Design Finished Goods (DFGs) creation and Line List updates, including target wholesale and retail prices seasonally
- Identify hangtag & packaging developments seasonally and work with PLM, development, creative and marketing to ensure the necessary pieces are created
- Work with IPTs, Technical Services and Quality to capture and detail any required product materials, pattern and construction information that will result in consistent fit, quality and performance which upholds brand standards
- Coordinate all factory and BB apparel category team communication throughout development process to ensure appropriate sampling approvals are met and Arc’teryx quality standards are held
- Work with BB apparel category team to complete initial cost estimates as required, and/or work with factories to negotiate/approve cost sheets and communicate this internally through the standard costing process
- Report team performance metrics regularly to management team (e.g. product category execution against the corporate calendar, workflow, team capacity vs. line list requirements)
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1406-PMBB-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.