Senior Product Line Manager
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an organized individual with great leadership skills and a passion for the outdoors to join our Product and Merchandising team as a Senior Product Line Manager. In this position, you will create a product line business strategy and lead a Product Line Management team.
Ideally you will have:
- Minimum of 8 years of Product Development, Merchandising, and/or retail buying experience, preferably in the outdoor industry
- Post secondary education in a related area or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge in technical apparel, textiles and/or hard goods
- 3+ years in a leadership capacity ideally within an international organization
- Project management experience including an excellent understanding of outdoor retail requirements
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, negotiation, customer relations, and presentation skills
- Strong business, finance and commercial acumen
- Interest or involvement in the activities that Arc'teryx makes products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Build, coach and guide a high performing global Product Line Management (PLM) team towards the development and execution of the necessary business strategy and plan
- Develop and execute a successful long term Product Line business strategy and architecture, including category growth opportunities
- Manage Product Lines through their entire life cycle
- Collaborate with Commercial and Marketing directors globally to ensure regional and channel product sufficiency
- Review, optimize and finalize the seasonal line plan to meet product line and organizational business strategies while reducing redundancies and ensuring model efficiencies
- Lead the PLM team to develop seasonal strategic focuses across all product collections
- Ownership for the creation, maintenance and stakeholder awareness of target market, seasonal story, product messaging, positioning, points of differentiation, reasons to buy and consumer profile documents by collection
- Responsible for management and allocation of the PLM budget
- Create successful product launches with the following: sell-in tools, in-store merchandising tools, and training programs for global sales force
- Provide input and guidance on all sales meeting presentations, marketing concepts, catalog layouts and brand messaging to ensure marketing resonates with target market
- Present key big picture product ideas and strategic points of focus for the season to all stakeholders
- Create business cases to propose and gain approval for collection line extensions
- Ensure an efficient flow of information between AMER Advanced Research Group (HUB) and Arc'teryx
The salary for this permanent, full-time position ranges between $100,000 - $130,000 depending on experience, and includes a full benefits package.
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1401-SPLM-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.