Senior Software Developer
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are seeking a self starting individual with strong communication skills to join our Information Systems department as a Senior Software Developer with a focus on web applications. In this role, you will develop, deploy, analyze, utilize, and maintain software, tools, applications, and information systems as required by Arc’teryx in order to meet the business requirements of the company in a demanding global marketplace. Additionally, you will provide proven leadership and strong support to a busy software development team in a challenging business environment.
Ideally you will have:
- Relevant post-secondary Computer Science diploma, degree, or practical equivalent
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- HTML, CSS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Excellent command of English language
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Candidates should be prepared to provide code samples and/or complete a coding test
- At least ten years of experience as a software developer with proven leadership and team-support capabilities
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Support, maintain, develop, and extend web and web services applications, particularly interactive client-facing ASP.NET website applications with supporting client-tier, middle-tier, and data-access-tier technologies under the direction of the Manager, Software Developers
- Special projects development work should also be expected, including but not limited to website setup, configuration, administration, 3rd-party integrations, parent ERP integration, database scripting, etc
- Carefully co-ordinate development efforts in a cross-departmental capacity under the specific direction of the Manager, Software Developers but also in close co-operation with members of the Digital Creative (Web Marketing) team and project managers as necessary
- Improve team dynamic, facilitate team efficiency, and ensure team success by working closely with the team in leadership, supervisory, project management, and team lead roles as required
- Provide high levels of service to a diverse user base and team members alike by delivering strong, effective solutions and communicating clearly
- Evaluate system requirements and refine technical specifications by efficient analysis of business systems, software source code, data patterns, and existing documentation
- Assist other members of the team by engaging in close-up evaluation of technical details, providing comprehensive analysis of business requirements, and participating in the group decision-making process
- Contribute to a team development effort by enforcing clearly-defined methods and standards, accurately documenting work results, and working in close coordination with various team associates
- Succeed in a fast-paced, demanding work environment and meet strict delivery deadlines by utilizing effective time management, task prioritization, and multi-tasking abilities
- Visual Basic 6
- Crystal Reports
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Agile Methodology
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1407-SSD-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.