Technical Document Specialist
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an individual to produce and maintain technical documentation of processes, construction methods and quality standards relevant to product development and manufacturing, for use by Development, Compliance and Quality teams and manufacturing partners.
Ideally you will have:
- 3+ years of proven technical writing experience and ability to achieve timely results
- Demonstrated ability to document processes and write clear and concise copy
- Strong analytical skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft office, Adobe Illustrator and publishing software)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Creative problem solver
- Positive attitude
- Dogged pursuit of answers to questions
- Bachelor’s degree in Apparel or Textile Design, Technology, Merchandising, Engineering, English, communications or journalism
- Experience using Indesign and Adobe suite
- Experience in sewn product development and production
- Knowledge of sewn product construction, manufacturing and pattern making
- Background in process improvement
- Familiarity with document version control
- Interest or involvement in activities for which we make products
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborate with Quality, Technical and Development teams to review and document product construction processes and standards
- Research, write and edit technical copy for quality and product development teams
- Develop and maintain version control for key quality and product development documents, updating documents as needed
- Study patterns, specifications, mockups, product samples and photos to develop construction diagrams and define assembly method
- Coordinate submissions, edit and standardize format of information for annual edition of factory Standards Manual
- Work with internal departments to define and document quality processes
- Collaborate in the development of technical Standards and Quality Manuals for internal and external manufacturing use, ensuring edition changes are identified for users
- Work with internal departments to develop and maintain familiarity with product technologies and production methods
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1505-TDS-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.