Apparel Designer (Whiteline)
At Arc’teryx we are striving to build the finest possible outdoor apparel and gear, and we are looking for a talented, inspired Apparel Designer to join our Arc’teryx Snowsports design team in our Design and Development Center in beautiful North Vancouver, British Columbia.
This job is not about making sketches and choosing samples; it is about building better garments. It's a hands-on, problem-solving position that requires a passion for creativity and innovation, steady focus on detail, as well as and the drive and dedication to turn design ideas into truly innovative new products that help our athletes and customers perform and live better.
Being a designer at Arc’teryx means working with the world’s best textiles and experimenting with new production techniques, having access to great resources like a full in-house sample floor, Pattern Makers, Product Developers, and a wealth of industry expertise and skills.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Execute assigned projects within seasonal time lines
- Create patterns, mock ups, and prototypes to explore, resolve, or prove new concepts or construction techniques
- Provide detailed product initiations to Product Development, including spec drawings, pattern and fit direction, and fabric information
- Work with Technical Services to resolve fit style and construction issues and ensure a fully commercialised product
- Maintain up to date product illustrations throughout the development process
- Coordinate with the Materials team to test new materials and ensure that necessary items are available for prototyping
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the materials and manufacturing techniques that Arc’teryx works with
- Work closely with other Designers to bring new and better toolbox solutions that benefit the brand (such as new technologies, construction techniques, features, etc.)
- Present work at internal reviews and annual sales meetings
- Stay up to date with industry trends, work with Arc’teryx athletes and other industry representatives to help ensure we’re meeting our customers evolving needs
- Assist with current product design changes where necessary in order to address in-line production issues
- Assist Design Managers in developing a schedule for the flow of the line plan through all development stages, including charting line plan progress
- Work with the Colour team, providing recommendations and feedback
- Attendance at tradeshows and company events as required
Ideally you will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Design (Apparel or Industrial), or Textile Engineering
- 5+ years hands-on experience designing products, preferably textile based
- Hands-on experience coming up with tools and methods to assist in solving construction issues
- Technical and creative skills to pattern and prototype
- Entrepreneurial and innovative
- Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Interest or involvement in snow sports
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1404-DW-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.