Intermediate Software Quality Analyst
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for someone who has experience in testing new and modified software functionality and features, and ensuring they meet the quality standards that are understood and accepted at Arc’teryx. When required, this person will also assist the Business Analyst with collecting and documenting business requirements, and creating specifications for new features development.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience with software and web testing
- Experience with developing and maintaining test plans
- Familiarity with building and implementing a formal testing regimen
- Familiarity with business enterprise applications and business process areas (ie. accounting, order entry, inventory management, etc.)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a keen ability for problem solving
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an excellent command of English
- A “self-starter” who takes initiative
- Formal training in systems testing
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Understanding of IS concepts, including data models and application integrations
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology
- Interest or involvement in activities that we make products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Enforce established quality guidelines and standards when testing new and modified software functions and features
- Exercise strong time management skills to ensure the timely and thorough testing of systems prior to release to a production environment
- Create and update test cases and test plans for projects of varying size, document clear and detailed test results, and actively participate in maintaining the regression test suite
- Apply critical thinking and analytical skills to ensure that systems function according to business requirements and user expectations
- Work as part of a team with business analysts and software developers to deliver quality solutions
- Prepare user documentation for new features and provide end user support
- Under the guidance of business analysts, contribute to the development and documentation of business specifications
- Utilize effective prioritization and multi-tasking abilities to meet strict delivery deadlines
- Assist the Senior Manager and Director, Information Systems with other projects and tasks as required
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1404-ISQA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.