Manager - Visual Design
Arc'teryx is an energetic and truly innovative company with over 500 employees. We are a subsidiary of Amer Sports Corporation (www.amersports.com), the world's largest sports equipment company, with internationally recognized brands that include Wilson, Atomic, Suunto, Salomon, Mavic and Precor.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for a graphic designer with creative management experience to join our team as Manager, Visual Design. In this role, you will manage a team of graphic designers to create 2D visual assets within the Arc'teryx Product and Merchandising department. You will also be responsible for refining and steering Arc'teryx 2D visual identity for product illustration, on-product graphics, t-shirts, prints, accessories and labeling. North Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Ideally you will have:
- Completion of a college degree/diploma in Graphic Arts, or 8+ years experience in graphic or image design work
- Experience with both Mac and PC platforms
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat skills
- Awareness of the four colour print process
- Strong communication and social skills
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Interest or involvement in activities that Arc'teryx makes products for
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Steer Arc'teryx 2D visual identity for on-product graphics, textile design and product illustration
- Establish a comprehensive product illustration format for Arc'teryx design process, serving the needs of Design, Development, Colour, Merchandising, and workbook
- Manage the illustration process from prototype through to workbook print and merchandising
- Create a distinctive, authentic and multilayered t-shirt program
- Provide seasonal direction and artwork for the t-shirt program
- Provide creative direction to a cross-departmental team to deliver annual/seasonal accessory collections
- Research and design seasonal printed and yarn-dyed textiles for the apparel team
- Ensure illustrations maintain brand marketing vision
- Lead a team of graphic designers and illustrators
- Assist Product Line Manager's, Merchandising, and Design managers by building slides for internal and external presentations
- Other graphic/illustration duties as assigned
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1310-MVD-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.