Product Line Manager - Whiteline
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are looking for an independent, self-starting individual with great organization and communication skills to join our Product and Merchandising team as a Product Line Manager. In this position, you will be responsible for managing our "Whiteline" Product Line through it entire life cycle.
Ideally you will have:
- 5+ years in Product Development, Merchandising, and/or retail buying experience, preferably within the outdoor industry
- Excellent understanding of the design and development process
- Effective and efficient time management skills; strong analytical skills; excellent communication skills
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the seasonal product line (creation, edits, SMU approval, naming and name approval with AMER legal, DFGs, etc.)
- Research and analyze ski market trends, current product sales and competitors globally and regionally
- Create and maintain, with the Senior Product Line Manager, target market and consumer profile documents by collection (Where to Play documents) and present these to the key internal staff to help create consistency and clarity of purpose
- Identify Whiteline extension growth opportunities and, when necessary, create business cases.
- Manage informational flow for the Whiteline team between sales, marketing, design and operations so that all parties are aware of relevant issues, concerns and developments
- Own the relevant parts of the product stage gates for Whiteline within the I2P (Idea to Product) process for the collections within your responsibility.
- Develop and maintain the Whiteline line list - visual line plans, line list with forecasts, previous sales history, current pricing, key market margins, etc.
- Create design briefs - consumer needs, target retails, features as example of consumers needs/benefits, fit, preliminary forecast.
- Manage TAS (The Arc'teryx System) and Design Finished Goods (DFGs) creation, including target wholesale and retail prices seasonally and keep updated as changes happen
- Develop seasonal story/positioning documents (product messaging, positioning, points of differentiation and reasons to believe/buy)
- Participate in and develop processes for weekly project reviews for Whiteline with the Whiteline design and development teams, Integrated Product Teams (IPT), ensuring all products being developed seasonally are aligned with the design briefs
- Provide product colour scope and direction to colour team (key items, trends, needs, opportunities, etc.)
- Identify hangtag & packaging developments seasonally and work with development, creative and marketing to ensure the necessary pieces are created
- Develop with the Go-to-Market team the seasonal workbook (digital and hardcopy) – workbook order, product content, key marketing copy, key marketing stories, etc.
- Provide guidance on messaging, strategy and tactics for marketing executions to ensure accuracy and that we remain on target to our line strategy
- Develop and deliver sales meeting presentations
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1401-PLMW-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.