Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
We are looking for a detail oriented individual with keen analytical mind and apparel industry plus industrial engineering or operations management experience to join our Engineering team as Production Engineer. As Production Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for designing, controlling and coordinating the manufacturing processes, materials and workspace layout to ensure fast, efficient, accurate and cost effective production with superb quality.
Ideally you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Textile Engineering or Operations/Manufacturing Management, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years Production Engineering experience with emphasis on methods and process engineering, work studies, facility planning and cost estimating, preferably in an apparel-related industry
- Strong computer skills; effective written and spoken communication skills
- Good ability to train others
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to identify, present, and implement methods and process improvement projects
- Formal Operational Engineering training
- General knowledge of garment related equipment and machinery
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing
- Experience in setting up manufacturing modules (cells)
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Monitor and evaluate the engineering of production processes used to determine appropriate tools, equipment, dies and templates required to efficiently assemble finished products
- Estimate initial labour cost in minutes for all products and apply suitable work measurement studies and methods engineering techniques to determine effective and efficient methods and fair production labour standards in order to implement correct and up to date SAMs
- Provide engineering support to ensure that design matches with manufacturability
- Engage Design, Technical Service, Integrated Product Team, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Production and other departments as required to perform value-added engineering on material utilization, labour costs and methods analysis, process flow, tooling, and equipment application and to ensure the correct and most up to date processes, product data and quality requirements are communicated, documented and understood by all parties
- Support production in resolving manufacturing problems related to equipment, labour standards, performance efficiency, methods, processes, line balancing, and training
- Manages the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures and sequence required to efficiently assemble finished products
- Support facilities planning and plant layout in coordination with Production and Supply Chain
- Coordinate with Maintenance and Design to ensure best practice tooling is available and utilized
- Maintain accurate database of piecework and modular system, rate, operations and functionality for all products
- Establish, maintain and communicate appropriate production performance measures and costs and analyze performance trends in order to initiate improvement plans
If this sounds like you, then please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to email@example.com. It is important to quote "1404-PE-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.