Technical Services Assistant
Arc'teryx is an energetic and exceptionally innovative company, with over 500 employees. Our ongoing success stems from an uncompromising passion to continuously challenge, and radically improve, the status quo. At the foundation of our organization is a dynamic team of exceptionally talented, fun, and active people.
Our modern head office is located on Vancouver's picturesque North Shore, near the Second Narrows Bridge. We promote a casual and fun work environment that supports and encourages work-life balance. We also have plenty of parking, a bike room, indoor staff bouldering gym, frequent summer BBQs and other events, as well as a great employee discount.
We are seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented, and hands-on team player to support our Technical Services department in their efforts to develop a consistent level of quality, promoting our brand as one that exceeds customer expectations. This is a great entry-level position for a person interested in a career in Product Development.
Ideally you will have:
- Knowledge of garment construction
- Core competence in Microsoft Office
- Post-secondary education in Apparel/Textile Design, technology, and/or merchandising or equivalent experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding of other cultures
- Sewing, patternmaking, and Illustrator skills are an asset
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Assist Product Developers with all aspects of product development: colour data, specs, BOM’s, raw materials, finished product testing, etc. and develop simple products as required
- Coordinate compliance with label requirement, standards, and templates
- Maintain sample garment inventory in Sample Room warehouse
- Colour input and communication for seasonal product specifications and prepare seasonal trim colour cards as required
- Develop and maintain reference catalogues, trims and fabric swatches, and dies for apparel and hard goods
- Assist with preparation of off-shore counter sample builds
- Consolidate data, and assist in report preparation
- Clean up Illustrator Marketing sketches for Developers to use in product specifications
- Assist patternmakers with digitizing, plotting and general filing as required
- Measure in process samples against finished product specifications
- Communicate with agents and suppliers from around the world with a sense of timing and a basic understanding of other cultures
If this sounds like you, then please apply by attaching your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is important to quote "1408-TSA-web" in the subject line of your email.
Arc'teryx hires on the basis of merit and is committed to Employment Equity.
You can expect an email acknowledging the receipt of your submission within 5 days of your initial correspondence.
Thank you in advance for your interest in Arc'teryx.