Acrux AR Mountaineering Boot
Shop Online - Inventory Search
Select your size and colour to buy direct from Arc'teryx or from authorized online dealers.
Check online dealer inventory
Sorry, no inventory found at our dealers.
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx BUT it is available to buy from our online dealers.
Add to Arc'teryx Cart - Free Ground Shipping Over $200
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx. Add to Wishlist?
The task was to create the lightest, most durable, best fitting, lowest volume weatherproof double boot ever made. The Acrux AR is the result. Designed for mountaineering, ice and mixed climbing, the Acrux AR combines the light weight and low volume of a single boot with the insulation, protection and quick drying advantages of a double boot. The comfort and support of Arc’teryx Adaptive Fit technology, unique laminated construction, and a wide range of innovative components and materials are all leveraged to meet the dynamic needs of the alpine climber’s foot and the rigorous demands of extreme environments. Years in the making, the Acrux AR is an unprecedented achievement that meets the full spectrum of performance demands.
Climbers and professional mountain guides require use-specific performance across a range of alpine conditions and terrain. Their boot needs to provide support and security on mixed routes, ice climbs and glacial traverses. It needs to keep the foot warm, dry and comfortable, then dry quickly if moisture accumulates. It needs to withstand repeated use on rugged terrain. It needs to fit and provide a supportive platform. It needs to deliver all of this in a lightweight, low volume package for agility and freedom in extreme situations. Until now, some of these needs would have to be sacrificed to meet the others.
CREATING THE SOLUTION
Arc’teryx took the time to develop and meld new technologies so that the Acrux AR could satisfy the range of climbers’ needs without compromise. Arc’teryx Adaptive Fit technology uses a removable bootie that employs stretch textiles and minimal seams to create an instant custom fit with no pressure. With protection extended beyond the cuff of the boot and the highest level of breathability in this category, the bootie’s GORE-TEX® membrane optimizes climate control and waterproof benefit. The perforated PE foam’s quick dry properties improve comfort, and a rubberized sole allows the bootie to be used as a camp shoe. The PE inner shell is preformed to compliment the bootie’s Adaptive Fit performance while providing insulation and a secure foothold. Laminated Watertight™ construction and an exceptionally breathable GORE-TEX® gaiter deliver total protection from water with a high level of abrasion and puncture resistance to offset potential damage from crampons and rock. The specially developed Vibram® AR outsole is designed for support and sure footedness. The tread and construction feature a semi-blocked toe, with anti-slip grooves, a medial climbing support zone, and heel created to provide braking on steep descents. The Vibram® Mont rubber compound maintains its performance in sub-zero conditions.
Full Feature List
- Custom developed 3D moulded Ortholite™ footbed delivers maximum comfort, breathability and arch support
- Sharp heel brake and mountaineering heel tread for stability, traction and braking
- Semi blocked toe, with anti-slip grooves
- Medial climbing support zone
- Durable heel edge
- Highly durable EVA foam midsole absorbs shock while providing precision stability
- Separate shell and liner construction increases waterproof/breathable protection
- Hardwearing laminated GORE-TEX® gaiter delivers waterproof, breathable protection with exceptional abrasion and puncture resistance
- Combines the warmth of a double boot, protection of a super-gaiter boot, and lightweight, low volume advantages of a single boot for use up to 5000 metres
- Fast and efficient lacing system with independent velcro strap adjustment for collar
- T-ZIP WaterTight™ front closure zipper
- Arc'teryx Adaptive fit utilizes an independent liner that conforms to the foot for a custom fit with no pressure points
- Completely removable, interchangeable liner for improved washability, dry-ability and extends use and climate adaptability.
- GORE-TEX® 3-Layer with 0,6 mm TPU protection film
- Toe & Heel - Injected TPU heel and toe counters
- Sole - Vibram® AR, Mont Compound
- Inner Shell - 4mm 3D formed perforated PE foam
- Insole - Carbon fiber with expanded PU foam core
- Surface clean only.