Home › Khamski 38 Backpack
Khamski 38 Backpack
Shop Online - Inventory Search
Select your size and colour to buy direct from Arc'teryx or from authorized online dealers.
Check online dealer inventory
Sorry, no inventory found at our dealers.
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx BUT it is available to buy from our online dealers.
Add to Arc'teryx Cart - Free Ground Shipping Over $200
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx. Add to Wishlist?
The Khamski 38 is sized for overnights, hut to hut trips and long days in the backcountry. Skis or splitboards can be carried diagonally across the back or A-framed on the sides, snowboards ride vertically. The lash straps are designed to easily pull the skis exceptionally tight to the pack for a secure carry and balance while climbing. The large main compartment is easily accessed with gloves on, and has a full length side zip for quick entry while in transit. The suspension and construction carry and ski comfortably. The lean contoured back panel keeps the load close to the body for a more stable ride, a polyethylene framesheet provides support with flexibility, and dual aluminum M-bar stays help direct and distribute the load for extended comfort and improved balance while minimally impacting freedom of movement. Shoulder straps and the lightly padded waistbelt mold to the body for a comfortable carry with minimal sway.
FABRIC PERFORMANCE and DURABILITY
Because a backcountry ski pack is used for extended tours and repeated use, and it needs materials that can be relied on to protect and endure. The Khamski employs two specific fabrics that are selected and placed to deliver specific performance in specific places. The focus goes on durability in high wear areas, and meeting the performance needs required in more exposed zones. The main pack body is constructed from a hardwearing N420p-HT nylon 6,6 plain weave. This high tenacity fabric has been proven on Arc’teryx packs to deliver exceptional strength and durability. Tough, urethane coated N400r-AC² fabric is applied to the moisture prone areas to deliver water and snow proof protection with excellent cut and abrasion resistance.
DESIGNED BY PACKING
Arc’teryx refined the Khamski design through a hands-on approach, spending time in the field and listening to feedback from mountain professionals. The result is the most effective combination of materials and an intuitive approach to locating tools and gear. In the front pocket are slots for a shovel handle, probe and dedicated space for shovel blade and skins. The partial diagonal opening prevents contents from spilling out and falling into the snow. A drain hole to help accumulated moisture from shovels and wet skins escape, and padding on the outside protects gear from impact and ski edges. The Khamski also features an internal snow science pocket, it carries two ice tools, and has dual haul loops that serve as a snow anchor clip off point. The removable lid stores goggles, keys, spare hat, food or a light warming layer.
Full Feature List
- Weather resistant
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- Rigid, formed backpanel provides support and structure while remaining comfortable against the back.
- Kangaroo pocket
- Main compartment pocket
- Front pocket organizes shovel, probe, tools and skins for quick access, keeps wet items separate from main compartment
- Dedicated internal snow science pocket
- Internal security pocket with key clip
- Dual haul loops/carry handles permit hauling or clipping off at a snow anchor
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Padded, contoured shoulder straps
- Removable aluminum stays
- Arc'teryx C² (Composite Construction) suspension system
- Lightly padded winged waistbelt
- Extendable collar with drawcord for additional capacity
- Corded zipper pulls
- Large, webbing pull-tabs for quick and easy, glove-friendly access
- Full length side zipper
- Top loading lid closure with two buckles to secure pack contents
- Side access to main compartment during transit
- Removable/ extendable top lid with zippered compartment
- Key clip in lid pocket
- Four compression straps - two on each side
- Dual P'ax one-hand axe attachment system—allows for one-handed access to tools
- A-Frame or diagonal ski/split snowboard carry options
- N420p-HT nylon 6,6 plain weave
- N400r-AC² nylon 6 ripstop is durable and lightweight
- 6005-T6 aluminum M-bar stays
- HyPUR-cel® foam
- Extruded aluminum M-bar stays are rigid and lightweight
- Polyethylene frame sheet
- Surface clean only.