Alpha AR Jacket
A finely tuned balance of light weight, extended durability, ergonomic performance and superior weather protection, this is a solid choice for climbers and alpinists looking for an all-round hardshell to perform across the spectrum of alpine conditions. The Alpha AR has a streamlined athletic fit and ergonomic e3D patterning that deliver maximum freedom on rock and ice.
THE ERGONOMICS OF E3D
Ergonomic fit is a key Arc’teryx design detail. True freedom of movement is not achieved by adding excess volume or space, but is the result of careful utilization of ergonomically planned articulation designed to move as the body moves. Arc’teryx Ergonomic 3-Dimensional (e3D) patterning crafts the shapes of the parts in key joint areas to bring a remarkably efficient level of articulation that provides the Alpha AR’s exceptional, purpose specific range of motion.
PURPOSE DRIVEN FEATURES
The Alpha AR is a climber’s jacket, and features are selected to meet the alpine environment. Easily accessible crossover pockets sit high and work with harness and packs. The full coverage helmet compatible StormHood™ cinches tight, moves with the head and provides exceptional peripheral vision. Removable HemLock™ inserts keep the jacket in position while in use with a harness. Pit zippers add ventilation, and laminated WaterTight™ zippers help seal out weather.
MORE STRENGTH, LESS WEIGHT
Reliability comes from selecting the best materials. N40p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L has a high tenacity nylon face fabric that leverages a flat filament warp yarn and false twist textured fill yarn to provide excellent initial water repellency. Backed with a micro- grid woven backer, this waterproof/breathable fabric is notably lightweight and durable. The N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro reinforcements at the shoulders, forearms and cuffs are specifically placed to protect areas exposed to high levels of abrasion. Strategically mapping these reinforcements allows Arc’teryx to deliver a jacket with longwearing performance and protection that weighs a mere 385 grams.
Learn More About This Product
Full Feature List
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- GORE-TEX® three-layer construction
- Strategically placed narrow GORE® seam tape (8mm width)
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
- Generous cut for easy layering
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Glove-friendly hood adjusters
- Laminated chin guard with brushed microsuede facing for added comfort
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Full front zip with wind flap
- Micro corded zipper pulls
- Die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Two high, crossover hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Internal zippered pocket
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Reinforced hood, shoulders and forearms
- N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L
- N40p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Double rinse.
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Remove from washer immediately.
- Do not leave wet.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.