Cierzo 18 Backpack
Summit packs are special breed. They are required to comfortably carry their contents, but do it for minimal weight. The materials need to be tough enough for alpine environments, but packable enough to fit in a minimalist’s backpack. And, as they are used at points of critical need, they need to perform. Delivering 18L capacity with carefully selected features, the Cierzo 18 weighs a scant 370 grams (13.0 ounces) and is specifically designed for rapid ascents in alpine environments. The pack is made from N210p-HT nylon 6,6 high-density plain weave fabric. Highly packable, this special blended high tenacity nylon weave increases durability and tear resistance, and has a water repellent finish and polyurethane coating for weather resistance.
CAPACITY & CARRY
Sized to carry the tools and gear required for a single-pitch push, the Cierzo’s main compartment holds an insulation layer and hardshell, energy foods, first aid necessities, navigation tools, and gloves and hat. Hydration bladder compatible, it has internal clip that secures the reservoir to prevent blockages, and a HydroPort™ tube passage. Lightly padded straps carry comfortably without adding unnecessary weight and bulk, and a webbing waistbelt stabilizes the pack and can be removed when not in use. Access is easy with the glove friendly drawcord system, and the pack’s narrow profile stays out of the way while climbing.
FUNCTIONALITY IS KEY
Functionality is key to the Cierzo’s design. The ingenious SwiftCord™ drawstring serves a compression system and carrying tool. Designed so the user can configure it to fit their specific carry needs and workflow, the SwiftCord™ helps secure a hardshell or belay parka, crampons, or sit pad. Two ultralight aluminum toggles work with the system to carry ice or mountaineering tools. If not needed, the SwiftCord™ can be removed to further streamline the Cierzo’s profile. A compact external pocket stashes small necessities, and the adjustable top strap can secure a rope or compress the pack when carrying lower volume loads.
Full Feature List
- Compressible and packable
- Removable foam back pad
- Front zippered pocket with internal organizational pocket and key clip
- Hydroport™ drink tube passage with internal clip to keep bladder suspended
- Removable sternum strap
- Removable webbing hipbelt
- 2 cm/ 0.8 in webbing hipbelt
- Padded adjustable shoulder straps
- Top loading
- Drawcord closure
- Adjustable top strap used to compress pack or lash climbing rope to exterior of pack
- Drawstring accessed/stored in external front pocket
- Swiftcord™ drawstring style compression system
- Lightweight aluminum bars work with compression system to carry ice or mountaineering tools
- N100mr-HT nylon 6,6 mini-ripstop
- N210p-HT nylon 6,6 plain weave
- Surface clean only.