Alpha SV Jacket Women's
Shop Online - Inventory Search
Select your size and colour to buy direct from Arc'teryx or from authorized online dealers.
Arc'teryx and Dealer Inventory Search - Buy Online from an Arc'teryx Dealer
Sorry, no inventory found at our dealers.
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx BUT it is available to buy from our online dealers.
Add to Arc'teryx Cart - Free Ground Shipping Over $200
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx. Add to Wishlist?
The Alpha SV was created to address the need for a lightweight, streamlined, waterproof jacket that could work with a harness and withstand the severity of alpine terrain and climate conditions. Hardwearing, stripped down and unlike anything else at the time, the Alpha SV was introduced in 1998 and quickly became an icon. It still stands as an essential hardshell for any serious alpine, rock or ice climber willing to brave extreme conditions.
Constructed from N80p-X , a face fabric five years in development, the Alpha SV Jacket delivers exceptional durability, yet is supple and resilient. Engineered to shed water, snow and resist abrasion, the fabric utilizes larger yarns that are very tightly woven to create a smooth but highly abrasion resistant surface.
Arc'teryx constantly refines their designs, seeking the most effective answers to unforgiving environments and technical problems. Constantly refined over time to improve function, the Alpha SV delivers essential, focused features. Traditional bellowed crossover pockets sit high and work with harness and packs, and the helmet compatible StormHood™ cinches tight and covers the neck, head and lower face. Removable HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position while in use with a harness and WaterTight™ zippers seal out weather.
Arc’teryx e3D patterning provides enhanced mobility with a precise, clean, use specific fit that doesn’t sacrifice coverage. The Athletic fit is streamlined, but accommodates layers, and the Arc’teryx commitment to ergonomic freedom, especially vital while climbing, is a key aspect of the Alpha SV’s legendary performance.
Learn More About This Product
Women's Ascent Jacket Features
Helmet Compatible Stormhood™
The Arc'teryx helmet compatible Stormhood™ is designed to provide the ultimate protection in cold or wet weather. The laminated brim and hood adjusters secure tightly and deliver full coverage without restricting movement or visibility.
- Laminated brim
- Adjustable hood cinch cords
- Tall collar for full coverage
Harness HemLock™ Insert
The Arc'teryx Harness HemLock™ insert is designed to keep your jacket from riding up when wearing a climbing harness. The foam insert can be removed when not needed.
- Functional — keeps jacket in place when worn under a climbing harness
Arc'teryx pioneered the now industry standard WaterTight™ zipper to seal out wind and weather, and Zipper Garages that provide additional protection from rain and snow.
- WaterTight™ zippers seal out weather
- Zipper garages provide additional protection
- Durable and easy to use
Arc'teryx Fit Guide - Athletic Fit
Standing in as our “Arc’teryx Standard” fit, the complex patterns used utilize anatomical shaping and gussets to enhance motion and eliminate excess bulk. Trimmer than the Relaxed fit with room for a base layer, a light fleece mid-layer and a synthetic or down filled mid-layer
To find out how to calculate your body measurements, view our Sizing Charts:
Arc'teryx Fit Guide - e3D
Ergonomic 3-Dimensional (e3D) patterning brings an additional level of articulation to provide enhanced range-of-motion in our Trim, Athletic, and Expedition fit categories. The application of e3D patterning allows for enhanced mobility for sport-specific activities in challenging environments.
Climbing and alpinism focused pieces: harness compatible length and waistline; chest pockets accessible while wearing a pack or harness; maximum articulation for overhead motions; helmet compatible hoods; drop hem; highest possible durability-to-weight ratio; emphasis on lightweight materials.
SV | Severe Weather
Employs the most durable materials for prolonged use and provides the most weather protection in the harshest weather conditions.
Full Feature List
- Highly durable
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- GORE-TEX® Pro three-layer construction
- Generous cut for easy layering
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Gender specific patterning
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Glove-friendly hood adjusters
- Laminated brim
- Laminated chin guard
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Micro corded zipper pulls
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters with elastic
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Drop back hem
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Laminated hem
- Sleeve pocket with WaterTight™ zip
- Two internal laminated pockets
- Two high, crossover hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Fully reinforced for maximum durability
- N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.
- Outdoor Magazine Test Win (Germany)
- Forbes.com - Top 5 New Winter Gear Pieces 2013
- Backpacker Magazine's Lifetime Award
- Men's Journal Gear Lab Approved
- Outdoor Gear Lab Editor's Choice Award