Alpha SV Jacket Men's
Shop Online - Inventory Search
Select your size and colour to buy direct from Arc'teryx or from authorized online dealers.
Arc'teryx and Dealer Inventory Search - Buy Online from an Arc'teryx Dealer
Sorry, no inventory found at our dealers.
Add to Arc'teryx Cart - Free Ground Shipping Over $200
This item is out of stock at Arc'teryx. Add to Wishlist?
Newly redesigned with enhanced GORE-TEX® Pro fabric with a softer face and a refined fit. A fortress for extreme mountain conditions; ideal for climbing and alpinism. Our most durable waterproof shell built with GORE-TEX® Pro textile
A classic piece recreated using exceptionally durable, N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro fabric that is extremely waterproof and abrasion resistant. E3D patterning creates an ergonomic fit for extra ease of movement paired with an expedition fit leaves room for maximum winter layering. Traditional bellowed, crossover pockets remain accessible while wearing a pack. The helmet compatible Storm Hood™, drawcords and pit zippers all adjust with one hand and the removable HemLock™ inserts keep the jacket in position when worn underneath a climbing harness.
Respect the Classics
The Alpha SV first appeared in 1998 to address the needs of alpinists for a lightweight, streamlined, waterproof jacket that could work with a harness. Hard-wearing, stripped down and unlike anything else at the time, the Alpha SV quickly became an iconic Arc'teryx piece and revolutionized the outdoor apparel industry.
Simple, sleek and stylish, the Alpha SV is also a technical beast. Traditional bellowed crossover pockets sit high and work with harness and packs; helmet compatible StormHood™ cinches tight and covers the neck, head and lower face; removable HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position while in use with a harness; WaterTight™ zippers seal out weather.
Supple, yet bulletproof
Manufactured with a new GORE-TEX® face fabric five years in development, the Alpha SV Jacket retains its remarkable durability, yet is supple and quiet. Engineered to shed water, snow and resist abrasion, the textile is tightly woven to create a flat smooth face. Premium GORE-TEX® Pro delivers the highest degree of windproof, waterproof/breathable protection.
Room to Maneuver
Arc'teryx designs are functional, disciplined answers to unforgiving environments. Constantly refined over time to improve function, the landmark Alpha SV now has a reduced chest circumference and has been re-patterned for a closer fit, with more efficient arm movement.
Full Feature List
- Highly durable
- Laminated high-strength hanger loop
- GORE-TEX® three-layer construction
- Tiny GORE® seam tape (13 mm)
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps bead water from fabric surface
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
- Generous cut for easy layering
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Gender specific patterning
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Glove-friendly hood adjusters
- Helmet compatible Storm Hood™
- Laminated chin guard
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Molded zipper garages
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters with elastic
- Adjustable elastic waist drawcord
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Laminated hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Drop back hem
- Sleeve pocket with WaterTight™ zip
- Two high, crossover hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Two internal laminated pockets
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Fully reinforced for maximum durability
- Embroidered logo
- Non-chafing label
- N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L
- Machine wash in warm water.
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.
- Outdoor Gear Lab Editor's Choice Award
- ISPO Outdoor Award
- Backpacker Magazine's Lifetime Award