Gamma SL Hybrid Hoody
Built to move fast, the Gamma SL Hoody uses a hybrid construction combining durable, weather-resistant Fortius™ 1.0 fabric in high-wear areas and lightweight, quick drying, air permeable TerraTex™ fabric in the main body. The result is a softshell hoody hardwired for weight conscious alpinists moving quickly over mixed terrain.
Seeking the highest degree of function, Arc’teryx carefully selects textiles that deliver use specific performance, then uses Hybrid Mapping technology to determine where each is best utilized. TerraTex™ is used on the body and under the arms to maximize air circulation and quick drying performance. On areas exposed to abrasion, Fortius™ 1.0 softshell is deployed. Fortius™ has four way stretch for freedom of movement, and the nylon/spandex blend offers elevated durability. Hybrid Mapping also delivers a weight benefit as it specifically focuses the use of heavier fabrics only where needed.
BUILT TO MOVE
Optimizing ergonomic performance is a core aspect of the Gamma SL’s design. The Athletic fit is streamlined, but allows room for light layers. Anatomical shaping and articulation in the patterning help create a fit that moves while climbing, and gusseted underarms keep the Gamma from riding up or binding when reach is extended. The hip length cut rides comfortably under a harness and, combined with the Hemlock™ inserts, helps prevent the jacket from creeping out and bunching up. The helmet compatible StormHood™ design moves with the head to deliver maximum range of vision while looking up and down or side to side.
Learn More About This Product
Full Feature List
- Weather resistant
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Hybrid technology—combining materials to enhance functionality and performance
- Stretchy fabric provides freedom of movement
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- Full length Vislon front zip with windflap
- Soft laminated chin guard
- Die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Drop back hem
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Chest pocket with laminated zip
- Two hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Fortius 1.0™—84% nylon, 16% elastane, 160 g/m². Lightweight, durable, non-insulated, stretchy nylon/spandex blend textile.
- TerraTex™—94% nylon, 6% elastane blend. Lightweight, breathable, stretchy, quick drying plain weave textile
- Machine wash in cold water.
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Tumble dry on low heat.
- Iron on low heat.
- Do not use fabric softener.