Alpha SV Bib
Built for severe weather conditions in rugged environments, the Alpha SV Bib delivers serious alpine performance and hardwearing waterproof breathable GORE-TEX® Pro protection. Constructed from N80p-X GORE-TEX® PRO 3L, a face fabric five years in development, the Alpha SV delivers exceptional durability, yet is supple and resilient. Engineered to shed water, snow and resist abrasion, the fabric’s face utilizes larger yarns that are very tightly woven to create a smooth but highly abrasion resistant surface. Incredibly durable N155p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L is used for reinforcement in high stress areas.
Features are focused. Arc’teryx developed the removable internal LegWrap™ as an effective means of minimizing fabric volume to reduce crampon snags. Keprotec™ instep guards shield from cuts and abrasion, and a bootlace hook helps keep the cuff secure. High coverage in the chest and the back keeps out snow, drafts, and retains essential body heat, and the ¾ length side zips are harness friendly. Two large, easily accessible bellowed chest pockets lay flat when not in use. The crotch zip is harness compatible, minimizing exposure.
MOVEMENT ON THE MOUNTAIN
Guides, climbers and anyone doing alpine work for extended periods in difficult conditions will immediately appreciate the design’s focus on movement. The Athletic fit is streamlined but accommodates layers, and the Arc’teryx commitment to patterning for ergonomic freedom, especially vital while climbing, is a key aspect of the Alpha SV’s performance.
Learn More About This Product
Full Feature List
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- Articulated knees and seat
- Gusseted crotch
- Side zippers stop below harness/ hipbelt area
- WaterTight™ through-the-crotch zip
- WaterTight™ 3/4 length leg zippers
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Adjustable pant cuffs with lace hook
- Laminated waist drawcord
- Two pleated bib pockets with laminated zippers
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Keprotec™ instep patches provide superior protection against damage by boots, crampons and ski edges
- Stowable boot lace hook
- Grommets at the hem
- High-cut breathable stretch-woven bib
- Quick adjust suspenders
- N80p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L
- N155p-X GORE-TEX® Pro 3L— Exclusive to Arc'teryx and engineered for high impact and abrasion resistance, this fabric plies together multiple yarns in an Ottoman weave for maximum bulk, ruggedness and durability.
- Fortius 1.0™—84% nylon, 16% elastane, 160 g/m². Lightweight, durable, non-insulated, stretchy nylon/spandex blend textile.
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Double rinse.
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Remove from washer immediately.
- Do not leave wet.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.
- ISPO Gold