Shaped specifically for women, the streamlined Beta AR Jacket provides the backcountry minimalist with durable storm protection in a lightweight and packable format. This hip length waterproof/breathable jacket reduces layering overlap and bulk, a helmet compatible DropHood™ offers quick coverage, and a supple-feeling lightweight GORE-TEX® Pro textile provides guaranteed storm protection.
A mainstay in the Arc'teryx lineup since 2000, the Beta AR is the do everything, most versatile waterproof/breathable jacket for mountain environments. Hand pockets, athletic fit that accommodates maximum layers and a hood with an internal collar mean comfort in storms, climbing, skiing or simply enjoying the outdoors.
JUST THE RIGHT LENGTH
Hip length is the easiest to work with when layering waterproof/breathable garments.The Beta AR hits the middle ground.
A good hood is a crucial detail on any serious alpine jacket. The Beta AR features the Arc'teryx DropHood™, a helmet-compatible, fast adjust hood with a separate collar for draft protection.
THE KEY PIECE
If a person can only choose one jacket for all their activities, the Beta AR is a solid, well-rounded piece. Durable, lightweight, with hand pockets and pit zippers for ventilation, it can manage storms, rock, snow and cool seasons. GORE-TEX® Pro delivers the highest level of waterproof/breathable performance.
Learn More About This Product
Full Feature List
- Taped seams for added weatherproofness
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Gender specific patterning
- Articulated elbows
- e3D Ergonomic 3-Dimensional patterning for enhanced comfort and mobility
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Athletic fit for a slimmer more flattering profile
- Laminated brim
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Helmet compatible DropHood™
- Chin guard with brushed microsuede facing for added comfort
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Laminated pit zippers allow for faster venting
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- WaterTight™ Vislon front zip
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- Die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Drop back hem
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Laminated hem
- Internal chest pocket with laminated zip
- Two high-volume hand pockets
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- N70p GORE-TEX® Pro
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.