Lightweight, air permeable wind and moisture resistant hoody designed for rock and alpine climbing. Constructed using two weights of softshell for enhanced mobility and durability. Gamma Series: Softshell outerwear with stretch | SL: Superlight.
Arc’teryx fabric knowledge and design experience comes together in hoody designed for weight conscious alpinists moving quickly over mixed terrain. Created specifically for women, the Gamma SL Hybrid Hoody uses a durable, weather-resistant fabric in high-wear areas and a lightweight, quick drying, air permeable fabric in the main body.
Arc’teryx carefully selects textiles that deliver specific, use focused benefits, then uses Hybrid Mapping technology to determine where each is best utilized. TerraTex™ is used on the body and under the arms, where air circulation and quick drying performance can be maximized. On areas exposed to abrasion, Fortius™ 1.0 softshell is deployed. Fortius™ has four way stretch for freedom of movement, and the nylon/spandex blend offers elevated durability. Hybrid Mapping also delivers a weight benefit as it specifically focuses the use of heavier fabrics only where needed.
Climbing’s ergonomic demands inform the Gamma SL’s design. The Athletic fit is streamlined, but allows room for light layers. The women’s specific design and articulation in the patterning help create a fit that moves with the body, and gusseted underarms keep the Gamma from riding up or binding when reach is extended. The hip length cut rides comfortably under a harness and, combined with the Hemlock™ inserts, helps prevent the jacket from creeping out and bunching up while climbing. The helmet compatible StormHood™ design moves with the head so as not to impede vision while looking up and down or side to side.
Learn More About This Product
Full Feature List
- Weather resistant
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Hybrid technology—combining materials to enhance functionality and performance
- Stretchy fabric provides freedom of movement
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Gusseted underarms
- Laminated brim
- Adjustable hood drawcords
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Full length Vislon front zip
- Corded zipper-pulls reduce noise and are easy to grab
- Soft laminated chin guard
- Full length Vislon front zip with windflap
- Adjustable cuff with Velcro® closure
- Drop back hem
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Chest pocket with laminated zip
- Two hand pockets with laminated zippers
- Fortius 1.0™—84% nylon, 16% elastane, 160 g/m². Lightweight, durable, non-insulated, stretchy nylon/spandex blend textile.
- TerraTex™—94% nylon, 6% elastane blend. Lightweight, breathable, stretchy, quick drying plain weave textile
- Machine wash in cold water.
- Wash dark colours separately.
- Tumble dry on low heat.
- Iron on low heat.
- Do not use fabric softener.