Alpha SL Jacket
Super lightweight and compact, waterproof jacket constructed using GORE-TEX® fabric with PacLite® product technology and designed with essential climbing features such as a helmet compatible StormHood™ and Hemlock™ harness blocker; ideal as a packable emergency storm jacket for alpine or multipitch climbing. Alpha Series: Climbing and alpine focused systems | SL: Super light.
Super lightweight and compact, waterproof jacket constructed using GORE-TEX® fabric with PacLite® product technology and designed with essential climbing features such as a helmet compatible StormHood™ and Hemlock™ harness blocker; ideal as a packable emergency storm jacket for alpine or multipitch climbing.
Patterned using e3D technology for a trim, clean, climbing friendly fit, and pared to only essential features, the design, materials and build make this the lightest Arc'teryx waterproof shell.
N40r GORE-TEX® fabric with Paclite® technology is one of the most compact waterproof/breathable fabrics that also meets Arc’teryx standards for durability for its intended use. Highly packable, it packs into its’ stuff sack taking up less than 1L of space and can be clipped to your harness for quick access while climbing.
Innovative construction and patterning work with lightweight materials to shed grams. The 1.6 mm micro-seam allowance reduces weight and bulk without sacrificing strength, as does the use of 13 mm GORE® seam tape. Even the zipper pulls use an ultralight cord.
An ultralight shell that is all about minimizing weight and bulk without sacrificing advanced performance. It is thoughtfully designed emergency storm protection for fast and light alpine climbing, and works in tandem with the Alpha SL Pant to deliver the confidence to perform even in highly adverse weather conditions.
Learn More About This Product
Full Feature List
- Compressible and packable
- DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent) helps repel water from fabric surface
- Micro-seam allowance (1.6 mm) reduces bulk and weight
- Fully seam-sealed for waterproofness
- Narrow GORE® seam tape
- One-hand adjustable drawcords
- Anatomical shaping for fit and comfort
- Gender specific patterning
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Helmet compatible StormHood™
- Laminated chin guard
- WaterTight™ external zippers
- Micro corded zipper pulls
- Zipper garages to protect zipper closure from snow and rain
- WaterTight™ full length front zip
- Laminated die-cut Velcro® cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear off
- Adjustable hem drawcord
- Drop back hem
- Laminated hem
- Harness HemLock™ inserts keep jacket in position under harness
- Chest pocket with WaterTight™ zip
- Note: Our WaterTight™ zippers are highly water resistant, but not waterproof. We do not recommend keeping items in your pockets that may be damaged by moisture
- Includes stuff sack with webbing loop to clip to a harness
- N40r GORE-TEX® fabric with PacLite® product technology
- Machine wash in warm water (30°C).
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.