Lake Como, Italy
Lake Como, Italy
Paolo is an International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations mountain guide that can set you up with a garbage bag bivy, and keep your belly warm with laughter. Born in the North of Italy, Paolo earned his chops early on in the Alps, but has since spread his whimsy mountain mastery worldwide from China to Norway and beyond. On a quest to make telemark skiing great again, Paolo likes to free heel 55 degree first descents. He has put up first ascents around the world from Patagonia to Italy to Mexico and beyond. Paolo likes his adventures like he likes his wine - full of flavour. He is known to spend 46 travel days to reach a two-day climb. It is the story, not the conclusion, that makes Paolo smile.
- First descent north face of Tresero North, Italy, telemark, 50°/55°
- First descent south face of Gran Zebrù, Italy, telemark, 50°/55°
- First descent north couloir of Monte Scale, Italy, telemark, 50°
- Part of first ascent team of Hidden Peak, Cinderella Ridge, 6C, 800M, Greenland
- Part of first ascent team of L’apple du Vide, 6c, M4 400M, Cero Mangiafuoco, Patagonia
- Part of first ascent team of Produci Consuma Crepa, 6C, A2, 900M, Cerro Mariposa, Patagonia"
Paolo Marazzi: Spiderman on Scene
“I like to take life super easy,” says Paolo Marazzi, 29 year old alpine guide, freeride telemarker, climber, first ascensionist,… Read more
WHY GREENLAND? A Photo Essay
What initially drew me to Greenland was how little I knew of it. With 80% of its land covered in ice, I was moved by the mystery of its non-ice covered landscape, its sheer remoteness and 3000km of Chamonix style peaks that were rumoured to make up the coastline of East Greenland.