When Pauli was young, his passion was to climb first ascents in exotic, untouched areas of the world. Now Pauli, a devoted family man, has shifted his focus. As a psychologist and an International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations mountain guide, Pauli’s scientific research on human behaviour and responses to emergencies in the mountains has brought light and compassion to those who find themselves lost in such harsh environments. At the same time, Pauli uses those very mountains to help people find themselves, by combining his guiding and psychology work. Known for his late night chalet chats on philosophy and nature, Pauli is revered for his wisdom about micro motivations that draw us to the mountains.
- After 25 years to embrace the same climbing friends and partners
- Climbed all over the world with first ascents in Madagascar, Mali, Namibia, Oman, Venezuela, Morocco, China, Chile, and the Dolomites
- The fulfilling experience of creating a job as both a mountain guide and psychologist
- Husband and father, which is definitely a career highlight but also life highlight
- Looking forward to what is coming next